Re: Re: Popularizing non-TB iris

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
> (#5) The Great TB Conspiracy!!
> 	Please take a moment to consider the following statistics that I
> wasted the last half hour of my life compiling from my AIS bulletins.  :)
> I have been receiving bulletins since 1/98, so I now have 8 issues.  Here
> is what I discovered:
> the TB count over the 50% mark!!!)

> 	e) I'd love to know when the last time was that a NON-TB and/or
> NON-BEARDED iris appeared on the front cover of an AIS bulletin.  Would
> anyone care to research that for me?

The last time non-TBs appeared on the cover of the AIS Bulletin was January
of this year, which featured a photo of Lowell Baumunk's garden with the
foreground completely dominated by medians (appear to be mostly MTBs). The
last time that a non-bearded iris appeared on the front cover was April,
1997 (pseudacorus), the time before that was January, 1997 (Siberians).
Think about it, Dennis - 50% OF THE BULLETIN COVERS IN 1997 FEATURED
BEARDLESS IRISES !!!!!!! You joined AIS a year too late! The time before
that was January, 1995, when a photo of the garden of Clarence Mahan, the
current President of the AIS, was featured - not a bearded iris in sight!
Must be a nefarious plot by the Great TB Conspiracy!!!!!! (-: