Re: Re: Popularizing non-TB iris

From: "Bill Stone" <wstone@volcano.net>

Dennis;  I think you are working on the wrong people. When the general
public places it's prioritys on Iris's of one kind or other, then you will
see the flow of information change. Here on Iris-talk we are fortunate to
hear view points from various growers and hybridizers.  We are fortunate.
Many people still just see whats at the super-store and what is in the
catalogs occasionally. they are the market for our commercial growers and
what they choose to buy is what is being sold.  As people get more
interested they expand their growing abilities and that brings on more
varieties of iris.  As others have stated when the interest is there people
will seek out more information and choose their direction.      Bill
Stone's Iris Garden
23801 Shake Ridge Rd.
Volcano, CA 95689
                                   3500 ft. elev. 55 miles SE of Sacramento,
                                                    Sunset Zone 7