Re: AIS: The Iris Show..Some Thoughts

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

Come on, Walter.  You would have found them sooner or later.  I've never
seen the inside of an iris show.  I had my interest sparked (also 40-some
years ago) by seeing a small collection in a neighbor's garden--and they in
turn had seen modern irises in someone else's garden.  That can't be an
uncommon story.

I love to compete in sports, academics, and many other areas of endeavor,
but my garden is for relaxation (and looks it!).  That's my view and my
experience, and I am sure that not everyone--maybe the majority by
far--shares my opinion.

But so be it.  Enough defending shows already; I'm happy for those of you
who enjoy them and hope you continue to do so.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943