Re: AR: Growth Habits

From: Lbaumunk@aol.com

In a message dated 12/6/99 11:41:18 AM Mountain Standard Time,
73372.1745@compuserve.com writes:

<< >
 By the way, with our short growing season, arilbreds must be left in the
 ground for two years for them to put on sufficient growth for good bloom.
 <

 Can you tell us more about what happens then?  Do the clumpy types resume
 their biennial tendencies or does your shorter season moderate their growth
 habits?

 Sharon McAllister >>

Our short season seems to work pretty well in giving us productive well
proportioned clumps the second year.  I don't claim that Colorado is the best
place to grow arilbreds.  They do better in New Mexico, but when the weather
cooperates (no bud freeze), our second year beds can be very nice.

Lowell