Re: CULT:iris in hypertufa troughs

From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>

This spring I bought I. minutoaurea and made a hypertufa trough t
grow it in. This is a tiny yellow-flowered beardless iris, reported to
be widely grown in Japan but rarely grown in the west. As with
many rock garden plants this iris appearently needs the right combination
of coddling and "abuse". As expected it has not bloomed yet, but it
does seem to be doing well in the trough so far. I'll be able to judge
better after a full set of seasons.

That's the limit of my experience. If you have access to a copy of
"Iris" by Fritz Kohlein, he has about a page and a half on "Iris
in Stone Sinks and Tubs".

Ken Walker
Concord, CA  USDA zone 9, Sunset zone 14