From: starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)

>From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
>I don't think it is that bad. You are less than 40 miles from
>Palmdale/Lancaster, where The High Desert Iris and Daylily Society has
>its show.

 I saw the notice for their 98 show, having gone down to their iris
sale, but this year I didn't see anything about any show in the
newspaper. Plus they sent me their notice 'Postage Due' in 98. Right
now it's pure luck if I can get my car the 8 miles to and from the
store, right now, even Lancaster (15 miles) is to far to drive.

> San Fernando IS has its show in Northridge, which I think is
>within 100 miles of you,

I'id bbe lucky if the car made it there.

the L. A. Arboretum

If I could get there, I could make the late summer dahlia show, ut al
the way down near that rce track? no way.

Now if I could use the 45 to 60mph winds that's a blowing right now.

I'll e trying to set aside a bit of $$ the months ahead, so I cn look
for another car. Read the Car Wanted ads in this thursdays recycler.

 The carb is shot, cracked block or maybe blown headgasket, needs
tires, heck needs new engine.

 SIAR Home page http://www.whitelakeweb.com/siar
                Join Today