CULT: Iris in hybertufa troughs

From: Carolyn Schaffner <drsnooks@buffnet.net>

Hello, again,

>That's the limit of my experience. If you have access to a copy of
>"Iris" by Fritz Kohlein, he has about a page and a half on "Iris
>in Stone Sinks and Tubs".

I can't find Kohlein's book (I THINK I have it...), but I did find Clive
Innes' ALPINES, The Illustrated Dictionary. Thanks for the shove!

In Innes' book I found these species mentioned. The * indicates that
alkaline soil is mentioned. Otherwise, soil requirements are not
mentioned, so I'm including them. Not listed here are those needing acid
or rich soil. I'm surprised at the length of the list!

Iris bucharica, I. japonica, I korolkowii, I. kuschakewiczii, I.
laucstris, I. lutescens *, I. magnifica, I maracandica *,
I. microglossa, I. milesii, I. missouriensis, I orchidioides,
I. planifolia (needs calcareous = chalky/calcium carbonate), I. pumils*,
Iris reticulata, I. suaveolens*, I. unguicularis, I. vicaria*

I appreciate your responses and would appreciate further comments!

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY