Re: CULT: Favorite 'Lost' Irises

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
<< When I get time, I mean to make known a few more goodies I have lost
over the years, and I hope others will follow Walter's suggestion to do the

OK, Arnold and Walter! Your eloquence has convinced me to post a short list
of my "Favorite Lost Irises" with a request for any leads to current
sources from which I might replace them.

Gala Madrid (Les Peterson, '68) TB. Intense golden yellow and rich
red-purple bicolor. Vigorous and floriferous (has given me up to 19 stalks
per clump and regularly blooms for three to four weeks), but I lost it to
botrytis after I divided and replanted it a couple of years ago. It's
prpbably still in commerce, but I haven't seen it listed when I ordered

Gypsy Rings (G. Shoop, '67) TB. Salmon-pink standards, falls white with a
tellow rim. I have grown others of this color combination, but none with
such clean contrast or vigorous growth habits - GR has given me up to 16
stalks per clump and a blo
season of five weeks!

Dresden Gold (D. Foster, '74) AB. Very intense yellow with a prominent
chocolate brown signal; large globular flowers - that is my memory - it's
been quite a while since I had this one.. This was one of the first ABs I
grew, and I left it in place too long. It's history (for Sharon
McAllister's benefit) was
	1st year - no bloom
            2nd year - no bloom
            3rd year - 7 stalks
            4th year - 25 stalks
            5th year - 3 stalks
            6th year - rot

Would appreciate hearing about sources for any of these!

*** Plan great parties and win a digital camera ***
Enter at seeUthere.com: the destination for planning great events.
Click on <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/sut1 ">FREE OFFER</a>