RE: CULT: Iris in hybertufa troughs

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Hi Carolyn,

Glad you made it to the list.  While you might want to recommend to
beginners to use those species that are known to like alkaline soil,
seasoned gardeners could be encouraged to try anything.  I've grown many
acid-loving plants without amending my soil pH which is generally in the 7-8

I only started seriously amending the soil for specific plants when I lost a
few new JI intros.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)