Re: CULT: Favorite 'Lost' Irises

From: Barb Johnson <bdjohnson@atlascomm.net>

Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:
> Gala Madrid (Les Peterson, '68) TB. Intense golden yellow and rich
> red-purple bicolor. Vigorous and floriferous (has given me up to 19 stalks
> per clump and regularly blooms for three to four weeks), but I lost it to
> botrytis after I divided and replanted it a couple of years ago. It's
> prpbably still in commerce, but I haven't seen it listed when I ordered
> recently.

Bluebird Haven/Sutton's/Woodland 1999

> Gypsy Rings (G. Shoop, '67) TB. Salmon-pink standards, falls white with a
> yellow rim. I have grown others of this color combination, but none with
> such clean contrast or vigorous growth habits - GR has given me up to 16
> stalks per clump and a bloom
> season of five weeks!

One of my friends grows it; however, can't be completely sure of its
identity. I'll ask.
Cheers, Barb
Barb Johnson			mailto:bdjohnson@atlascomm.net
Near Springfield, SW Missouri	AIS, ISO, HIPS, RIS, MIS
USDA Zone 5b			AIS Region 18 (KS & MO)
Learn the natural way to health at    http://chetday.com