Re: CULT: Favorite 'Lost' Irises

Arnold,
Riverview Iris Garden lists Decolletage in their 99 catalog for $2.00.  Contact Tony DeRose at 21680 Upper Pleasant Ridge Road, Caldwell Idaho 83605 Phone 208 453 1305.  Hope this helps.
Carol L. Coleman
Region 11 Zone 5
Boise, Idaho

Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

 I'm kind of surprised that more people haven't picked up this thread and run with it (how's that for mixing metaphors?!) but maybe, like me, the list has to be gathered and examined some more.  After all, some I lose and don't really care, and I suppose that's the experience of others, too.  Right now, with the 1999 season in mind, I have a couple in mind that I lost because I foolishly didn't keep close track on my helpers as we were digging and dividing.   Among those was CRINOLINE, a Schreiner TB from the 70s (I have the exact year written down, but not at hand) which I love because of its color pattern, a rosy purple plicata, and because of its wonderful sweet fragrance like Concord grapes.  I have to get it back, so if you know a catalog that lists it, I'd appreciate knowing which one.  One I did keep, but the rhizome didn't grow after replanting, was Ben Hager's 1968 TB, DECOLLETAGE.  Again, wonderful fragrance, and big ruffly flowers, so aptly named for color, too.  This one I have not seen in any of my catalogs, so information about where I can get it back will be very welcome indeed.  When I get time, I mean to make known a few more goodies I have lost over the years, and I hope others will follow Walter's suggestion to do the same.Arnold Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net