Re: CULT:iris in hypertufa troughs

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>       Thanks Mark,   I'm glad to hear I. cristata will grow  in alkaline
>soil I have it planted with my lilies in a raised bed amended with  peat
>moss in the shade. So far no green, no growth, no nothing. I planted it
>late this fall. I'm glad to hear there is still hope.   Cindy Rivera

My limited research on I. cristata indicated it prefered acid woodland
soils (growing up through the litter of oak leaves and/or pine needles,
that type of thing).  And also when I ordered my cristatas, they were for
late spring delivery.  Mine have been growing great, but so far no bloom.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html

Your opinion counts, and we'll reward you for it!
Win Prizes! Join the ZOOMERANG Internet survey panel today.
It's confidential, easy, and fun!