MDB: HYB: southern exposure

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

How far south do MDBs reliably grow?  They do fine for me in Zone 6.  But
what about Zone 7?  Zone 8?

Earlier someone posted a URL for the heat zones in Europe.  I noticed that
Iris attica (an MDB species) grows in Zone 8 / Zone 9.  So maybe it could
be used to hybridize MDBs specialized for the South?

Has this ever been tried?  Just a thought...

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html

*** Plan great parties and help the homeless ***
Plan an event on seeUthere.com, we donate a meal to the homeless.
Click on <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/sut2 ">FREE OFFER</a>