AR: DRESDEN GOLD

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Message text written by "Jeff and Carolyn Walters"

>  Dresden Gold (D. Foster, '74) AB. Very intense yellow with a prominent
chocolate brown signal; large globular flowers - that is my memory - it's
been quite a while since I had this one.. This was one of the first ABs I
grew, and I left it in place too long. It's history (for Sharon
McAllister's benefit) was
        1st year - no bloom
            2nd year - no bloom
            3rd year - 7 stalks
            4th year - 25 stalks
            5th year - 3 stalks
            6th year - rot
<

I found DRESDEN GOLD to be one of the more "gardenable" of its time.
Reportedly responded well to the annual-division ritual of the west coast
as well as to the dig-after-spectacular-bloom rule of the heartland.

It's one of a group I found particularly interesting in my early days of
hybridizing, descended from  KALIFA BALTIS through maternal lines.  Which
put KB on the top of my "want list" for many years.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com

Would appreciate hearing about sources for any of these!

Thanks!<