Re: CULT: Favorite 'Lost' Irises

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> Another lost one I haven't seem lately is DUSKY EVENING (Schreiner, 1971)
> Very hard to describe it's coloring.  Standards sort of a gray, with blue
> tones.  Falls are dark, blue/black/brown.  A somber iris.  And ....it only
> bloomed here about 1 yr. out of three....I think it would have preferred
> more heat and milder winters, perhaps.  Shoulda kept it anyway, as I liked
> the coloring that much.  Oh, well....live and learn!  Or not, as the case
> may be.
	Dorothy, there is no other iris like this, and I, too, had shoved it
aside for the bigger and 'better' irises that came later one, much to
my regret.  Recently, I got a new start of DUSKY EVENING through a
trade, but it has been struggling along, so I decided to move it
again this summer.  I am keeping my fingers crossed as I see a little
green shoot emerging at the soil-line.

	Thanks for joining in on this thread.  I hope Santa finds this for
you and leaves it all green and potted under your tree - ready to
bloom next season.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8