Re: Re: MDB: HYB: southern exposure

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
>> > How far south do MDBs reliably grow?  They do fine for me in Zone 6.
>> > what about Zone 7?  Zone 8?
>Showing my ignorance here - I grow a lot of Dwarfs, and I'm not sure which
>are SDB's or MDB's. Some are tiny, all do very well. Our zone is (using the
>US system) 9a, and we get plenty of mild frosts down to -5 celcius. Does
>that answer your question?
>As far as the first question - how far south - I guess we are quite a way
>further south than you Dennis.
>Cheers, Jan, just a bit north of Antarctica.

Well, I actually meant how far south in the USA will they grow.  <G>  MDBs
are the really tiny ones.  I'm surprised to hear that they grow well for
you, but not for Linda Mann who is in a colder zone than you are.  It seems
that winter coldness is not the only factor in having success with these
little charmers.

Do you grow Iris attica by any chance?

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com