Re: OT: MOON ON 12/22 attn:Lynn

From: John I Jones <jijones9@pacbell.net>

"Title, CDR Lynn A." wrote:

> From: "Title, CDR Lynn A." <titlel@spawar.navy.mil>
>
> And it rained here anyway -- all afternoon, all night. I'll bet it was
> pretty if you were flying...

One of the most memorable sights I ever had was one night when I was
flying a Navy P3 Orion over the North Pacific out of Adak Alaska. We
"flew through" a meteor shower. They were coming down all around us, and
I could see their trails above and below us. It was incredible.

It was only later that I fully considered that one might have hit my
wingtanks and I would not be here to enjoy my irises...

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-talk

Subscribe to iris-photos at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-photos