Re: OT: MOON ON 12/22 attn:Lynn

From: Haggstroms <hagg@alaska.net>

Gerry Snyder wrote:

> John I Jones wrote:
> > One of the most memorable sights I ever had was one night when I was
> > flying a Navy P3 Orion over the North Pacific out of Adak Alaska. We
> > "flew through" a meteor shower. They were coming down all around us, and
> > I could see their trails above and below us.
> "> It was incredible.
>
> I am envious.

Urgh, I have to tell you - you were envious that he experienced that meteor
shower in such a powerful way, and I am envious that he was flying a Navy P3
Orion while he had such a wonderful experience. I know it must have heightened
the event for him. John got both of us with one stone (letter). Experiences
like that are for a lifetime.

> > It was only later that I fully considered that one might have hit my
> > wingtanks and I would not be here to enjoy my irises...
>
> But you'd be famous!       ;-)

And you would have made a GREAT meteor. We would have named it after you.

Kathy Haggstrom
Anchorage, AK USA