Re: HIST: Notes from the Past

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: HIPSource@aol.com
> In a message dated 12/14/99 10:24:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> wmoores@watervalley.net writes:
> << Anner, are you saying, "Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas
>  anymore?" >>
> No. I'm saying on a very cursory glance there seem to be some suggestive
> patterns in the list: some involving taste, some involing fashion, some
> involving origins, and possibly some involving parentage, and I'm
> if anything interesting could be extrapolated from it by further
> Jeff thinks we may be in Kansas; I don't know.

Anner and Walter,

Well, as a matter of fact, we aren't in Kansas anymore. I was led astray by
misplaced confidence in the accuracy of my memory, which seems no longer to
be as justified as it once may have been. Pretty far astray -   when I
tracked down the copy of my email to the vendor of the catalog, it turned
out that he was in Pennsylvania - Sharpsville to be exact - which is in the
far northwestern part of the state about 15 miles northeast of Youngstown,
Ohio. I sent an email inquiry to him, asking if he could provide any
information on the provenance of the catalog. He replied promptly, if
somewhat unhelpfully, that he remembered the catalog, but not where he
acquired it, but if he recalled anything he would let me know (I bought
this catalog from him almost nine months ago, so it is not surprising if
the trail has grown somewhat cold).

Sorry for the misdirection.