SPEC: Paltec in Oz

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Hi all,
Checking my seed pods the other day, I found the Pallida seed pod
shrivelled, dry and leathery. It contained only 4 small, soft looking seeds,
which have since shrivelled to chaff. I won't have to worry about whether my
seedlings are hybrids or not.
More pleasing were the dozen or so seeds from I. germanica X CELCIUS.

Can someone tell me - was the original PALTEC from I. tectorum X I. pallida?
I thought it was the other way around.
I will try again next season, and pollenate quite a few more flowers next
time.
Cheers, Jan Clark, spending the morning watching the garden being watered by
mother nature.