Re: SPEC: Paltec in Oz

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

><< Can someone tell me - was the original PALTEC from I. tectorum X I.
>pallida?  >>
>
>I. tectorum was the pod parent, thus the cross is as you listed it.

Thanks for that Anner- I thought it was the reverse, until I saw some
comment in TWOI.

><< More pleasing were the dozen or so seeds from I. germanica X CELCIUS.>.
>
>Are you are saying that your I.germanica is now with pod?

Not exactly. It was in pod, until I harvested the seeds last week. Very
healthy looking seeds, but not many, as I expected. CELCIUS is Barry Blyth's
fertile Dwarf, from Tall breeding. It's from similar lines to his fertile
IB's, and doesn't look like the other dwarfs. It has flowers with much
substance, and a pattern (dark brown spot on copper brown falls) which just
leaps out at you.
It was just a feeling I had, that it might produce something with I.
germanica. I have no idea what chromosome count it has. I wonder what
strange offspring it will produce?

Cheers, Jan Clark