RE: SIB: British Dykes Medal

  • To: <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] SIB: British Dykes Medal
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:41:27 -0500

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

The EU you speak of is an economic based union. (trade and currency if you

This would NOT necessarily include the operations and structures of private
societies/organizations other than the currency they would deal in.  So this
may or may not be true depending on how the local (British iris Society) has
chosen to embrace the European Economic Union. It would perhaps be an
accurate observation that nothing has or will really change for them and
their operations structure. Therefore it is my inclined opinion that there
is and will be NO change to the eligibility structure for their British
Dykes Medal award.
It would be best obviously to check with them directly regarding this

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society (CIS)
Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
E-mail:  cris@netcom.ca <mailto:cris@netcom.ca>
Canadian Iris Society (CIS) website:  http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html
Siberian-Species Convention 2003 website: