RE: SIB: British Dykes Medal

  • To: <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] SIB: British Dykes Medal
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:55:54 -0500

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

Okay, then from this we can deduce that they (the BIS) have chosen to
embrace the cooperating European countries in much more than an economic
level. The name of the award "British Dykes Medal" would then seem to be a
bit of a misnomer. Perhaps they have now changed this award to be the
"European Dykes Medal" to more accurately reflect the participation?
Can anyone from the BIS on the list perhaps advise on some of this?

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society (CIS)
Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
E-mail:  cris@netcom.ca <mailto:cris@netcom.ca>
Canadian Iris Society (CIS) website:  http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html
Siberian-Species Convention 2003 website: