Re: Re:CULT: juno irises

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 12/17/99 6:02:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lmann@mailhub.icx.net writes:

<< What's their reputation in the soggy southeast? >>

They have no such reputation of which I am aware. Not widely grown, which may
or may not mean anything. Most folks's eclecticism doesn't stretch to Junos.

I have the vague memory that Elaine Hulbert of SIGNA has grown them in the
rocky westerm part of Virginia, but her expertise with Iris species is

You could certainly take a whack at I. bucharica and see what they thought of
your rockpile. They might be a neat little oddity for you to adore.You could
be a trailblazer, Linda!

I saw it used with that real pale aqua muscari once in a garden festival
display in February and it was very fresh and pretty, although those were
forced plants and I don't know that bloom is simultaneous otherwise. As Our
Borer says, they look like little cornstalks and the flowers are a nice
yellow and white.

Anner Whitehead