Re: OT: Squirrels

From: GardnrJan1@aol.com

In a message dated 12/17/99 5:33:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, hagg@alaska.net
writes:

<< I apologize for offering an offensive solution to what many see as
 welcome additions to their local urban scene. Sorry about that.
 Kathy Haggstrom
 Anchorage, AK >>
Kathy,
     This reminds me of a real clueless gal we worked with years ago, who,
after hearing that Koreans (or could've been other Asian) will eat dog or
cat, got the idea to start a petition to make them stop.   I replied that in
their culture, it may have been proper or even necessary to survive to eat
such things and who are we to be outraged?   She looked blankly at me and I
mentioned that if she were going to starve and someone said "would you like a
steak?" I doubt she'd be a cow rights activist at that point.    It still
makes me chuckle and shake my head.
Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC where pigs are afraid, very afraid.