OT: Squirrels

From: Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@mail.alltel.net>

Dear Kathy,

I was a 'time-share kid'... my parents divorced when I was young and I was
raised in Houston, Texas (urban) during school and in deep rural Arkansas
(VERY rural) summers and holidays. Quite different lifestyles! On the
family land with my father and grandparents, we either hunted and gardened
or we didn't eat!

Unfortunately, the USA has gotten very far from it's roots and it's
policies are now heavily dominated by a wealthy urban perspective and many
simply cannot conceive of a viewpoint (and problems) different from their
own. Causes some difficulties in foreign relations too! This is very
unfortunate... and the "holier than thou" attitude is so very irritating!
I'm very glad that you brought a note of reality to the discussion.

Take care.

Beth Matney <bmatney@mail.alltel.net>
central Arkansas