RE: HIST: HIPS Convention 2000

  • To: <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk]HIST: HIPS Convention 2000
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 09:22:06 -0500

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

Thanks, irisborer, for the info on the HIPS convention. That answered a lot
of questions.

Now one further question; were there any garden preview articles written
that we can use to tempt folks with? Perhaps these were with the ROOTS Fall
99 issue? Please advise on this.

And finally as a follow up to the comment that Anner made on HIPS level of
involvement and the lack of HIPS convention 2000 info at their website.
Comment was:

HIPS is the guest of ESIS/Region 2, not the host of the convention, and the
details of the event were published to our membership in the Fall, 1999,
issue of ROOTS.

While this is essentially true, is HIPS not the endorsing/supporting society
for this convention? It is a HIPS "EVENT" regardless of who technically is
hosting it. I really encourage HIPS to also make the info available to both
the members and non-members through the HIPS website!  Got to let the ALL
people know about these good things.... other people than current members
are interested and perhaps new people will attend and /or become new
members... as long as they know about it!

AND I certainly hope that the portion of the comment that HIPS was "not the
host of the convention" did not infer that it was not their responsibility
to provide info...

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society (CIS)
Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
E-mail:  cris@netcom.ca <mailto:cris@netcom.ca>
Canadian Iris Society (CIS) website:  http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html
Siberian-Species Convention 2003 website:
Iris-talk info: http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS/iristalk.html