RE: HIST: HIPS Convention 2000

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

The HIPS 2000 Convention, 'HIPS Happening' is a limited attendance
event. 200 attendees is the maximum number of people that can be
accommodated because of lodging, garden and other constraints.

Since there is a cap on the number of attendees, HIPS members should,
in all fairness, have first call on the available openings. This can
be accomplished by timing the advertising. The 'first offering' has
been published in ROOTS, Journal of the Historic Iris Society, which
goes to all HIPS members.

After a sufficient amount of time has passed, AND if the 200
available convention slots are not filled by HIPS members, a large,
splashy advertisement WILL be placed on the HIPS website AND the
World Iris Association website, soliciting attendance of the
iris-loving public at the 'First Ever' HIPS Happening.

As there are an unusual number of iris convention offerings in Spring
2000 and the number of attendees at any given event has been
diminishing in recent years, I would reasonably expect that HIPS and
WIS website advertising will follow fairly closely after the ROOTS

I appreciate your concern regarding the administration of the HIPS
website. It is my belief that your query and my answer to that query,
could probably have been better handled by private correspondence.

Mike Lowe, HIPS webmaster