RE: RE: HIST: HIPS Convention 2000

  • To: <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] RE: HIST: HIPS Convention 2000
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:15:37 -0500

From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>

Mike and anyone else interested;
The comments were made in a public discussion forum and my subsequent
observations were likewise posted to the same group. Thus they were/are
appropriate as an open dialogue. My observations were not a condemnation of
the HIPS website. The comments were made during/after a search for
information and surprisingly none was found where one would expect to find
same. Your previous e-mail explains why this is so.

I do not happen to agree with this rationale of exclusivity. To hold back
details and information of an event like this is rather counterproductive to
the promotion of the organization. The information on conventions should be
offered openly and freely to anyone interested right from the outset. HIPS
members could easily be given registration preference until a certain date.
Others could then be accepted.

Remember that I was trying to find out all this info originally in order to
HELP promote HIPS and the associated events, not condemn it. Anyway, I will
just leave it at that.

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society (CIS)
Newsletter Editor-Canadian Iris Society
E-mail:  cris@netcom.ca <mailto:cris@netcom.ca>
Canadian Iris Society (CIS) website:  http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/CIS.html
Siberian-Species Convention 2003 website:
http://www.netcom.ca/~cris/2003/index.html