Re: OT: Squirrels

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 12/18/99 9:05:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bmatney@mail.alltel.net writes:

<<  Unfortunately, the USA has gotten very far from it's roots and it's
 policies are now heavily dominated by a wealthy urban perspective and many
 simply cannot conceive of a viewpoint (and problems) different from their
 own. Causes some difficulties in foreign relations too! This is very
 unfortunate... and the "holier than thou" attitude is so very irritating!
 I'm very glad that you brought a note of reality to the discussion. >>

I'm frankly at a loss to understand how we have moved from the question of
dealing with squirrel problems in the garden to a discussion of what would
seem to be American foreign policy. Since that is clearly politics, and the
list has traditionally avoided those sorts of controversial things, I hope we
won't go there.

I would agree that 'holier than thou' attitudes are irritating, but in my
experience they are not restricted to any one demographic base.

Anner Whitehead
"Tuez les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens"