RE: HIST: HIPS Convention 2000

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 12/18/99 12:17:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, cris@netcom.ca

<<  Remember that I was trying to find out all this info originally in order
to HELP promote HIPS and the associated events, not condemn it. Anyway, I will
 just leave it at that.>>

Chris, I referred you to the people handling publicity for the event and I
fail to see what is wrong with that course. The Region has chosen to arrange
the details of this convention and that is their prerogative as hosts. If you
want a press release, see Kathy Guest, who may have some preferences about
what is said and how it is presented.

I encourage you to relieve yourself of the notions that HIPS is in any way a
closed shop or that those who serve her are not mindful of their
responsibilites to the membership, the public, and the greater HIPS mission.
The record clearly shows otherwise.

If you want to impact these issues directly, perhaps the best first step
would be to pony up five bucks and join. And I'll leave it at that.

Anner Whitehead