CONV: HIPS Convention 2000

From: Irisborer@aol.com

Hi there, happy iris folks!  Glad to see that people are hot for the HIPS

Chris, I will send you the registration information - and I will send one to
Mike too.  But let's remember that these kinds of conventions are not
generally sponsored by the organization - but rather by a region or by a
club.  So it's up to Region 2 to get the publicity to the the Lord of the
HIPS website..... and that means the buck has stopped squarely in front of
Kathyguest, since that is my resonsibility.

The HIPS convention is sponsored by Region 2 - but our MARKET is people who
are interested in historic irises.... or the concept.  You don't have to be a
member - although we have given a price break to HIPSters (<--- as they refer
to themselves).

In other words - we appeal to a particular interest group.... but it's not
their gig.

As for the publicity.... it is out in ROOTS and an ad will be  in the January
AIS Bulletin. Also,  I have tweaked the registration form and it's ready to
go to anyone who would like to have one - for themselves or to post on
whatever site you may wish.  I also can send you a review of the gardens done
by our very own Dorothy Stiefel to help to whet your appetites.

And, I have to say..... I think it's wonderful there's so much interest!  We
do have a limit on registrations...  but we will be happy to accept any and

I just got my copy of ROOTS - highly recommended to anyone curious about
historic irises.

Kathyguest.... who just got back from shopping and who is already making the
usual vows about starting earlier next year
in East Aurora, NY