Re: OT: Squirrels

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>The only concern I have about placing Poisson
>outside for squirrels is the possibility of some other animal or bird
>getting hold of the Poisson bait.

Do squirrels eat poisson? I have always thought of poisson as being a
delicacy pour le petit chat.  (pardon my french)

Here in Oz, people are fond of catching roof possums and releasing them in
the bush. Trouble is that, while they think they are being kind to the
possum, this alters the pecking order in the bush, and often the intruder is
attacked and killed by the local head honcho possum. Killing them 'humanely'
is a kinder option, although I prefer the option of putting a nest box up a
tree so they move out of your roof, and provide them with all the fruit and
veg. scraps from the kitchen. Why keep a cat, when you can keep a possum -
much as I love cats. Possums can live quite happily in the sunburbs, and
have more right to do so, that all the feral cats.
Cheers, Jan in Australia, where restaurants often feature Kangaroo, Emu and
Crocodile.