Re: OT: Squirrels

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

Jan Clark wrote:

> From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
>
> >The only concern I have about placing Poisson
> >outside for squirrels is the possibility of some other animal or bird
> >getting hold of the Poisson bait.
>
> Do squirrels eat poisson? I have always thought of poisson as being a
> delicacy pour le petit chat.  (pardon my french)
>
> Here in Oz, people are fond of catching roof possums and releasing them in
> the bush. Trouble is that, while they think they are being kind to the
> possum, this alters the pecking order in the bush, and often the intruder is
> attacked and killed by the local head honcho possum. Killing them 'humanely'
> is a kinder option, although I prefer the option of putting a nest box up a
> tree so they move out of your roof, and provide them with all the fruit and
> veg. scraps from the kitchen. Why keep a cat, when you can keep a possum -
> much as I love cats. Possums can live quite happily in the sunburbs, and
> have more right to do so, that all the feral cats.
> Cheers, Jan in Australia, where restaurants often feature Kangaroo, Emu and
> Crocodile.

Well Jan, I don't know what poisson is either!  Looks like I made two mistakes
in that letter, poisson and Jan Brown, I meant Dana Brown.  I don't know what
happened with poisson, I ran my spell checker and it either didn't catch this or
did and changed it without my notice.  :(

Glenn
--
Glenn, Linda & Matthew Simmons
Springfield, Southwest Missouri, USDA Climate Zone 6

mailto:glsimmon@swbell.net (primary)
mailto:GlennSimmons@netscape.net
mailto:Glenn_Simmons@juno.com

SETI At Home Host: (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence at Home)
SETI needs more home volunteers so if interested check web site below

www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/index.html