Re: CULT: help - aphid predators?

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

heather & bernard pryor wrote:

> ....A fairly popular remedy down here is to get a 10 litre (10 gallon) bucket of
> warm water....

As a JPL employee with a past history on Mars missions, perhaps I am
overly sensitive about metric/English unit conversions, but a
liter/litre is about a quart, not a gallon.

>  Add to it some Lux (or any other brand) SOAP flakes.

Implying that soap is better than detergent? Curious as to why.

>  Add about
> a tablespoon of the soap flakes to the warm water and swish it all up to
> dissolve the flakes.  When this has been done throw in some hot chilli
> peppers (with seeds) plus a few drops of Tabasco.
>
> .... Let me know how you go.  Oh, and if in doubt, add more chillis!

Brings to mind the joke that the Montana rangers advise wearing small
bells when hiking in the wilderness to scare away the bears, and
carrying pepper spray.

They further advise to learn the difference between black bears and
grizzlies. The droppings of black bears contain many berries and lots of
squirrel fur. The droppings of grizzlies contain small bells and smell
like pepper.

Cheers,

Gerry, looking forward to bloom on Returning Rose, not Recurring Rose
(as stated earlier)
--
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair