People get ready......

From: Irisborer@aol.com

Yes, yes - I know Christmas is coming - but there are other things coming as
well.... like the first EVER Historic Iris Preservation Society Convention,
right here in beeeeauuutiful New York state.

This convention is unique in perspective and in concept... and it's going to
blaze new ground for us all.  I've been getting lots of private e-mail saying
that this one and that one intends on coming.... so much so that we may just
have to have a little something special for the Iris Talk folk.  BUT, I

My purpose in writing this is to suggest that you INSTANTLY get to the HIPS
website - so abley and extraordinarily constructed by Mike Lowe - and check
out the HIPS CONVENTION GARDEN REVIEW - written by our very own Dorothy
Stiefel.  If this does not leave you weak-kneed and hungry, you should have
someone take your pulse.

Anyway, may I suggest you check out Dorothy's article, and bookmark the site
while you're there.  Lots of goodies to stoke the flame of desire when you've
got the time and the bleak days of winter stretch out in front of you.

Instructions follow (and I'd love to hear your comments.....)

<< Go to http://www.worldiris.com    and click on the HIPS logo
 This will take you to the HIPS 'Table of Contents' page
 Click on 'SNEAK PREVIEW' and this will take you to the ROOTS page
 where you will see:  'H.I.P.s. HAPPENING' GARDENS. Click on that and
 enjoy Dorothy's article. >>

Kathy Guest in East Aurora, NY who had a lovely time under the dome of the
Lord and Burnham greenhouse of the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
with Carolyn and lots of other fine folks for a dirt gardeners' Christmas