Re: AR: Florida?

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>

>From: BigAlligator@aol.com
>In a message dated 12/20/99 9:36:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>dkramb@badbear.com writes:
><< My understanding is that arils (and to a lesser extent arilbreds) resent
> humidity & moisture during their summer dormancy period.  >>
>     That is what I thought.  I have no greenhouse, and they would almost
>certainly rot.  It would be better to share extras with others in your area,
>and get them hooked on those Irises.
>     I do think Iris tridentata would have a chance in your area, and it
>looks like I probably will be able to slip you one next year.

Hey again.  I should have plenty of arilbreds to go around when I divide
next summer.  I have a couple starts of tridentata, but I don't know if
they will survive our winter here.  What I really want are some of your
native LA species, if only you'd get out there, brave those allimagators,
and collect some!  <G>

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com