OT: Christmas Moon & BAP

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 12/22/1999 11:21:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jcwalters@bridgernet.com writes:

<< The moon does not appear any larger than usual, but it does seem to be
 definitely brighter - an almost incandescent white, if there is such a hue.

Well, call me tragic, but I woke up at 2 am and was CONVINCED the moon had to
be out because it was so bright outside.  Ran to the window and discovered it
was just the reflection of the aforesaid kazillion snowflakes - which were
lying quietly all over my garden.  And it WAS very bright..... but no moon.
But HAD there been a moon, I would definitely have needed my shades.

In other news - I have been offered a sample of BAP-10 to try on irises.
This is a chemical recipe (lanolin based, I believe), that is used on hostas
and daylilies for improved increase.  In daylilies it is applied to the crown
after a nick is made...  or on a node on the scape to encourage
proliferations.  On hostas, it's apparently just dumped over top.

Any body have any experience with irises and BAP??  I will be attended a
class on its useage in March, but in the meantime, I'd love to hear comments.

Kathy Guest in East Aurora, NY who is yelling a message to Mike Gullo, smugly
sitting in a snowless Rochester to lay in supplies and we'll see you in the

Sign up for eLerts at: