Re: CULT: viruses

What Vince Lewonski has said about MING DYNASTY is certainly true (virus makes spots in the falls, often penalized ad shows) but I have also heard judges say, "Oh, MD, of course it has the spots.  But no penalty to the exhibitor because it's always that way, inherent in the plant."   I have seen it with and without the spots, and personally I think it is more striking and attractive with them.  I think there are a couple other varieties that have the same viral affliction (if it really is an affliction) but for the life of me I can't recall just now what those might be, even though I have seen at least one of them someplace.  Meanwhile, I continue to grow MD, spots or not, and would not want to part with it.
Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net