Re: AIS:Shows & Beginnings

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 12/25/1999 2:18:51 PM Central Standard Time,
HIPSource@aol.com writes:

<< Both may be found in the Archives, which can be sorted by date.

Hey folks, don't bother.  It's not worth the time.  I didn't expect anyone to
take offense with my remark.  Just having fun.  (Real explanation in last
nights post) Didn't read any replies on the subject until I was cleaning out
old e-mail last night.  Sorry!

I think AIS and the shows are all great, almost as great as irises
themselves, and I have no problem with the business end of irises.  Honest!
Also, I see nothing wrong with good natured discussion, but tone and
intention are often lost with the written word.  It it open to
interpretation, and we each come to the written word with our own set of
values, past experiences, and preconceived notions.

I've never enjoyed the arena of argument.  Sorry, but it's a product of my
past.  My only beef with the list was what I saw as unneeded bias, rancor,
and contention.  IMHO people were haggling over their differences.  As I've
stated before, I don't see why we can't concentrate on those ways in which we
are alike rather than those in which we are different.  When irises quit
being fun, I'll quit growing them.

In an effort not to make the type of statement I just did, I made a clearly
exaggerate statement about iris shows and their invention.  Never expected
the 'crack' to be held to historical accuracy.  ;)

Betty Wilkerson, Bowling Green KY--Merry Christmas to All.

Sign up for eLerts at: