Re: OT-CHAT: Merry Christmas

From: Dianne Dalla Santa <dalla@apollo.ruralnet.net.au>

Well it's now Boxing Day morning here in Oz....movement in the house is
slow, not too many starters up out off bed yet.

We had a downpour of rain, one and a half inches in a short period during
lunch, and with the accumulated runoff from the surrounding vineyards etc,
the garden went completely under water. Some parts remain under water
still. Our sons needed to shovel trenches to divert it away from the house.
Our grandson put his swim shorts on for a good oldfashioned play in the
warm water surrounding the house. Christmas in Sunraysia can be so
variable. Some years we might have a mighty big duststorm in century heat,
or thunderstorms like yesterday, but rarely cold enough to enjoy a hot
Christmas dinner. For us it is a cold meal, icecream plum puddings, cassata
etc washed down with beer.

Merry Christmas to all listers and have a great New Year.

Still a bloom or two on IRIS IRENE and CHAMPAGNE WALTZ.
Daylilies,agapanthus and roses putting on a great show of colour.

Dianne in Red Cliffs, top NW corner of Victoria.

Sign up for eLerts at: