OT: Back in the Saddle

From: Irisborer@aol.com

Hi Mike, Anner and everyone:

Well, the festivities are over.... I probably won't die from the flu I
caught.... and it's back to work today (hate to waste sick days at home).

My Christmas was made perfect by the arrival of my son from Colorado.
Although my 'kids' are grown, when Christmas comes they're still 9 years old
- so everyone piles into the Stately Guest Mansion for Christmas Eve dinner
and spends the night so as not to miss one second of anything.  Even though
the youngest one (aforementioned CO son) is 26 and the oldest one is 30...
they are still "the kids".  We only have one who is married and she had to go
home.

Christmas Day and Sunday were peppered with lake effect snow and very high
winds.  So I had two excuses for vegging out with my book for two days.

I did take some time to go through the seed catalogs that have arrived so far
(ho hum), and I'm already waiting for the arrival of the first iris catalog
(generally Keppel's).  <--- John Jones - note iris reference.

I have no catz for gifting opportunities (although I do have a gift to give
for a dear friend's dogs), but the cat I married gave me some very funky
earrings and a fax machine that he'll live to regret.  The thought process
goes like this:  Hey, Keppel/Schreiners/Dyer takes credit cards and has a fax
ordering option...... I have a credit card, I have a fax!  Pedal to the metal.

Back to work today and where did I put my Dr. Atkins....

Kathy Guest in East Aurora, NY - who peeked in at mail over the past few days
but had nothing of substance to offer....much like this morning.

Sign up for eLerts at: