Re: TB: rebloom & tragedy

From: GardnrJan1@aol.com

Hello festive merrymakers,
     WELL, if the list is slow, here's an update on my reblooming adventure.
SUMMER OLYMPICS opened today (indoors/ Sprite) and it's lovely, what thick
stalks, 8 buds!    I'll post a picture to iris-photos as soon as the second
and third open Tues or Wed.
     Sadly, the stalks on SKY QUEEN ( drat, I wanted to see that blue so
bad!) and HARVEST OF MEMORIES  weren't far enough along, and they got frost
night before last...so phhhhttt for them.
I did forget to mention that Summer Olympics had a second mini stalk emerging
from the same rz.   And another strange detail: SKY QUEEN had purple spathes
around the buds and some purple along bottom branch/leaf.    PBF, but PTF?
       It'll get down to 29 degrees tonight.    Hey, this is supposed to be
Balmy South!    ONe upside: should make SDB's happier and possibly bloom
better.   Every cloud has a silver lining.
       BTW, going to celebrate with a family evening party at Ripley's
Aquarium here in Myrtle Beach, so won't probably be at chat...but if we can't
stay awake that long, and get home early, I'll try to stop in.

Janet Natale
zone 8? of SC

Sign up for eLerts at: