Re: OT: Name Calling.

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

><< Are you referring to your blooper message?  If so, the response
>  is appalling.  There was nothing in the message objectionable
>  that I could discern. >>
>
>Donald and all,
>That was the message that started it.  The people in the AOL Chat >were not
>the flamers.  It was in reference to someone who was kicked >off another
>plant society forum shortly after I joined, and I was >always curious as to
>why.
>It appears that the flamer has continued to harbor resentment toward >me
>for simply wondering why that was done.  I don't know of ever >having done
>anything to offend this person, and if I did >accidentally, I would like to
>know what it was.
>
>Mark A. Cook

In my experience, people generally get kicked off mailing lists for using
obscene or offensive language. I guess this incident will have at least
satisfied your curiosity. It's sad that people have to behave like this
Mark, and the problem is one that they have to live with.
We are lucky to have so many members on the iris-talk list, and yet
extremely few cases of such behaviour.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Mark,
Cheers, Jan Clark

Ameritrade offers $8 commissions for Internet equity market orders --
no matter what the share price is, or how many share you buy or sell!
Open an account before December 20, 1999 and receive 3 commission-free
equity trades!