HYB: SDB: TB: IB: role of TBs in SDBs used to make IBs?

From: linda Mann <lmann@mailhub.icx.net>

Jan Clark from Oz mentioned to me offlist that the Blyth IB MAGIC CHILD
was makin' babies at a good rate, so I hauled out the checklists and ran
thru part of the pedigree just for fun.

What a wierd concoction!  ELECTRIQUE (TB) was the pollen parent and
(rats, the dog wallowed around on my pedigree chart chewing on a squeaky
toy frog this AM & I can't reach my notes...)

anyway, the pod parent was SDB - but as I tracked it back, several
un-named TBs showed up in different branches of its ancestry.

Questions - for those of you who grow &/or hybridize SDBs, is this
unusual?  Or do many SDBs have TBs scattered about in the family tree?

Any idea why the TBs are not named?  Were they likely to have been
'pure' TBs or TB sized offspring of mixed parentage (maybe IBs?)?  Or
were they just ordinary passalongs that nobody knew what they were?
Some were un-named seedlings.  One was SNOW FLURRY, crossed with a
median.  Wild.

I will dig out my notes eventually and be more specific, but was curious
if this was typical or unusual breeding for an SDB used in IB breeding.
No wonder it's fertile.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
cold and dreary winter day