HYB: TBs in SDB Ancestry

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: linda Mann <lmann@mailhub.icx.net>
>
> Questions - for those of you who grow &/or hybridize SDBs, is this
> unusual?  Or do many SDBs have TBs scattered about in the family tree

Linda,

Of course, the original SDBs were bred by crossing TBs with true dwarfs,
mainly I. pumila and its derivatives. Subsequent breeding of advanced
generation SDBs has mainly been by crossing SDB to SDB. A quick review of
the pedigrees of the SDBs I grow does not turn up any cases of backcrosses
to TBs after the first generation, so I would say the sort of pedigree you
are talking about is out of the ordinary.

Looking at the pedigrees of my IBs, for those that have an SDB parent
(which is most, but not all of them), those SDBs tend to have typical SDB
pedigrees.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Your opinion counts, and we'll reward you for it!
Win Prizes! Join the ZOOMERANG Internet survey panel today.
It's confidential, easy, and fun!