Hi Everyone,
Hope you all had a very blessed Christmas, Thanks to whoever posted the "Wishes for 2000" it provided some amusement.
We had a lovely Christmas Eve and Day. The adventage of marrying into a family of German extraction is that you get to have a lovely get-together on Christmas eve and then get to do it all over again with the other side of the family on Christmas day. We're still living on cold meat, cheesecake and pavlova. The weather was cool but I can't bear the thought of hot veges on Christmas day, so it's roast meats, salads, desserts and fruit, especially cherries and strawberries. Yum. The nice thing about cherries is that the season is so short, it's OK to really pig out on them and they grow so well here. Even made cherry jam yesterday.
We've been having unseasonably cool weather lately, hardly been over 30 celcius and mostly 22-27. But I wasn't prepared for the light frost we had the Saturday before Christmas. That's the latest I've ever known a frost here. Small wonder my sweet corn and melons aren't doing very much, some of my chillies have plain given up. On the other hand, my daylilies are looking great and we've hardly had to irrigate.
Discovered a bloom stalk on my Champagne Elegance this morning, and I thought it was an autumn rebloomer. My Aurean has been determinedly flowering for about a month. I can't figure out if it's reblooming or just confused. My Light Beam is also flowering
Hope you all have a lovely Christmas break
Colleen Modra South Australia