HYB: more on TBs in SDB breeding

From: linda Mann <lmann@mailhub.icx.net>

Well, duh.  Now I've done my homework - reading TWOI (The World of
Iris).  According to the Book, most SDBs bred since the early 70s have
been bred among themselves rather than adding new TB blood.  So the
background of MELODIC is apparently fairly typical - all of the TBs I
mentioned in the previous post were involved in crosses prior to 1970.
as being important TBs in early breeding of SDBs.  It also mentions Cook
1546 as an important pumila parent (but also says it is descended from
the 'natural' 36n AZUREA - I'm not sure what the implications of that

I also learned that CARPATHIA is a cultivar name, not a species.

Well, hello iris world!  Apologies for sharing my ignorance so

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
having decided to take vacation the rest of the year... actually, the
rest of the millenium.

Your opinion counts, and we'll reward you for it!
Win Prizes! Join the ZOOMERANG Internet survey panel today.
It's confidential, easy, and fun!