Re: CULT: Looking for a source, Peterson and Muhlestein

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: "Jeffrey J. Kurtzeman" <kurtzeman@uswest.net>
>
> These hybridizers were active from the late forties through the early
> seventies.  I'm looking for a source to
> purchase or trade for several of their introductions.  Can anyone guide
> me to a source, probably in Northern Utah?.

Jeffrey,

Tell Muhlestein has been gone for over twenty years, but Les Peterson did
not pass on until 1986, and there are introductions from him up until about
ten years ago.

About the only commercial source in northern Utah I can think of that might
be able to help you out is Evolution in Action Iris Garden (Jared Harris),
93 E. 100 S., Logan, UT 84321.

The best source for Peterson irises should be Kary Iris Gardens, 6201 E.
Calle Rosa, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Ardi Kary is Les Peterson's daughter).

Superstition Iris Gardens has a decent selection of Les Peterson's arilbred
introductions.

Riverview Iris Gardens (Tony and Irene De Rose), 21680 Upper Pleasant
Ridge, Caldwell, ID 83605 have a selection of introductions by both
Muhlestein and Peterson.

Several of the suppliers that specialize in Historic Irises offer a number
of Muhlestein's introductions - perhaps HIPSOURCE would be able to help you
to locate specific sources.

The irises you are seeking - at least many of them - are out there, it will
just take some searching to find them.

Regards,

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Sign up for eLerts at: