TB plus OT chat

From: Dianne Dalla Santa <dalla@apollo.ruralnet.net.au>

 In my message to list I mentioned the last couple of irises blooming here
in  my Aussie garden.

Janet Natale says
>   I'm curious about IRIS IRENE...

IRIS IRENE Gatty 85 USA ML 35" Polar bear white standards flushed peach to
orient pink. Falls flared, ruffled and heavily laced deeper buff, slightly
lighter in centre, Hafts are overlaid golden peach. Fiery red beards.

We have had the most amazing amount of rainfall, 310 points, over Christmas
here causing minor flooding to vineyards and homes. Our average rainfall in
the best of years is only about 10 inches, some years as little as 4-5
inches. We spent two days surrounded in ankle deep water as it travelled
through the garden and past the house on it's way to lower ground. Our
grandchildren played on flooded lawns while we tried to divert the flow
away from the house.  We have very flat terrain here and so any runoff must
find it's way to basins or drains and so most of the district has water
lying in vines, gardens or on road reserves while it soaks back into the
earth. Made for a vastly different Christmas for us.

Calling Colleen, Jan, Heather and other Aussies. How did you fare with the
weather?

Dianne in Red Cliffs, Victoria, Oz